Black Locust wood slice measuring 14.5"-16" in diameter by 2 1/4" thick
Black Locust is a highly rot resistant species with a dark caramel-like color and pronounced growth rings. Due to its rot resistance and hardness level it makes great indoor/outdoor furniture.
About our wood slices:
- Wood slices are flattened and sanded to 120 grit.
- Photos may depict sanding ridges and/or slight burn marks from the thickness sander. These will sand out.
- Kiln dried to approximately 8% moisture content
- Sterilized with heat to eliminate any insect activity.
- Locally harvested using the "worst-first" method and milled and processed on our family farm in Ohio
*Note that each piece has been wiped with a damp cloth to show the richness of the wood's color and accentuate the wood's grain.
Though this piece is kiln dried, flattened, and sanded, slight movement may occur when exposed to transport and fluctuating humidity levels. Wood is an organic material and will always move - there is nothing anyone can do about it. We recommend giving your wood time to acclimate to its new environment before processing it into a finished piece. Thank you!
For questions, please contact us here.