Maple wood slice measurements range between 15.25" - 17" long x 4.25" wide x 7/8" - 1" thick. These dimensions are based on end to end and side to side, not the flat surface area.
*Please note that you may not receive one of the photographed pieces, but something similar.
Hard Maple is a dense wood with a light beige color that goldens over time.
About our wood slices:
- Wood slices are flattened and sanded to 120 grit.
- Photos may depict sanding ridges and/or slight burn marks from the thickness sander. These will sand out.
- Kiln dried to approximately 8% moisture content
- Sterilized with heat to eliminate any insect activity.
- Locally harvested using the "worst-first" method and milled and processed on our family farm in Ohio
*Note that each piece has been wiped with a damp cloth to show the richness of the wood's color and accentuate the wood's grain.
Though this piece is kiln dried, flattened, and sanded, slight movement may occur when exposed to transport and fluctuating humidity levels. Wood is an organic material and will always move - there is nothing anyone can do about it. We recommend giving your wood time to acclimate to its new environment before processing it into a finished piece. Thank you!
For questions, please email us at email@example.com.